Are you in an abusive relationship with your GOVERNMENT?
If you are and you feel trapped in this cycle of abuse then you need help. Many who have been in abusive relationships feel disempowered to make the necessary changes to leave.
If you identify with any of the 15 signs that you are in an abusive relationship, help is at hand. Leaving any long term relationship is a big deal, its time to put yourself first and begin the healing process.
1. Stops you from seeing friends and family;
2. Won’t let you go out without permission;
3. Tells you what to wear;
4. Monitors your phone and emails;
5. Controls your finances;
6. Controls what you read, watch, and say;
7. Monitors everything you do;
8. Punishes you for breaking rules that keep changing;
9. Tells you the abuse is for your own good;
10. Pretends to know better;
11. Doesn’t allow you to question;
12. Tells you that you’re crazy and no one agrees with you;
13. Calls you names and shames you;
14. Gaslights you, attempting to change your memory of events; and
15. Plays the victim when things go wrong.